If you suspect a bed bug infestation, you must be prepared to look for both large and small bugs, skins, larvae, eggs and blood spotting. The following are some important questions to ask to help you determine where a bed bug inspection should begin.
- Has someone in your family recently been on a trip that required luggage and/or travel by public transportation such as a plane, train or bus (last 1-6 weeks)?
- Where do you normally store your luggage?
- If a person in your family has recently traveled, does that person rest or spend an extended amount of time on a couch or chair in your residence?
- Where do you store or place dirty linens?
- Has anyone else visited your property with coats, bags or luggage?
- If so, where were these items stored during the visit?